16.7.06

In Lebanon...

From the news i got the following figures:

*By Saturday the 15th of July at 10AM, 55000 people have fled Lebanon through the Lebanese/Syrian Borders. These 55000 included Lebanese and Syrians.
*Italy is trying to get 416 of its citizins out of Lebanon.
*America is trying to get 25000+ of its citizins out of Lebanon.
*France is trying to get 10000+ of its citizins out of Lebanon.
*UAE had helped 2000+ of its citizins out of Lebanon and is trying to get the others.
*Kuwait is trying to get 12000+ of its citizins out of Lebanon.

etc. all of these figures are of tourists in Lebanon and we haven't even mentioned the Qataris and Saudis in Lebanon. Or even mention the Lebanese people who live abroad but are currently in Lebanon for the summer vacation (like my family)!

My question is ... WHERE WERE ALL OF THESE PEOPLE????

Innou ok we see lots of tourists but not that much especially the 25000 Americans sounded sooooooooooooooooo weird to me. My only explanation is that they have combined the count of Australians, Canadians, and Columbians with the Americans.

Any idea?

7 Comments:

At Sunday, July 16, 2006 9:04:00 AM, Blogger otinkyaaf said...

The 25,000 Americans includes Lebanese-American dual citizens residing in Lebanon. This is based on those who registered w/ the U.S. Embassy there. I saw this earlier. Sorry, I cannot find the link.

 
At Sunday, July 16, 2006 9:59:00 AM, Blogger blogagog said...

I also have no idea. Just a fyi, the word is 'citizens'. (Please don't take this minor correction as condescending since it's not meant to be. I can only speak one language, so I have nothing but respect for multi-linguals :). Delete this comment once you've read it.)

I wish you and your country peace through the elimination of Hezbollah.

 
At Sunday, July 16, 2006 10:12:00 AM, Blogger francois said...

haifa bombarded

www.libnanews.com

 
At Sunday, July 16, 2006 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Marwa said...

I don't think this figure is of all the nations you mentioned. I'm from Australia and according to the media here, there are 25,000 Australian tourists in Lebanon. So there are 25,000 Americans and 25,000 Australians there. I know, it sounds like alot.

 
At Sunday, July 16, 2006 10:34:00 AM, Blogger KamalMusaf said...

what's the point in hitting haifa? the death ratio so far is 1 israeli for 20 lebanese. im afraid for my family who are still in lubnan.... damn nass.

 
At Sunday, July 16, 2006 10:47:00 AM, Blogger aroundtheclock24_7 said...

otinkyaaf,
I found a link in Arabic from www.aljazeera.net which implies what you said. Thank you.

blogagog,
yeah sorry about the mispelling of the word, i noticed it later and no worries at all.

Marwa,
This is the link i was telling otinkyaaf about: http://www.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/23086613-01FA-4A8F-8D93-FEE4F632CD07.htm

 
At Sunday, July 16, 2006 2:22:00 PM, Blogger Geo8 said...

I'm Italian and was in Lebanon last year. I believe the Italians there are more than the 415 quoted, but not all are ocming back at once. As the Lebanese people I know there and have heard from, they are probably stuck in the place where they were located. On the other hand, the figure of 15.000 USA citizens and 15.000 Australians surprises me a bit. I hardly heard any English speaker last year, even in Beirut (I was located in Sour).
In the end, I think these figures are of a little importance compared to what's happening to our Lebanese friends. Don't you agree?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home