16.10.05

Feedback & Future Issues

Thank you all for taking the time to let us know what you think of the new look!

So far as we can tell, most of you like the redesigned template.
The 2 main reservations we have had so far involve:
  1. The red blog header which some have considered too glaring/loud
  2. The flash animations is too... animated.
I think I speak for all the administrators of this blog when I say that our goal from the beginning has been to create a modern design that is highly readable and unmistakably Lebanese.

Black font on a white background is recognized as the most legible combination, which left the margins and header for the colors of the Lebanese flag; red and green.

The lime green color of the "Son of Moto" template (on which the new template is based) and which is ubiquitously found in many blogs was replaced with a darker shade. The shade of red however was more problematic as this or this would not register as being "Lebanese".

As for the Flash animation, these are either universally loved or hated. And in our case, some felt the animation is distracting, while others were more specific (the cedar fluttered too much). We tried to make it as unobtrusive as possible, and in my opinion, a small fluttering cedar atop a large blog as this does not distract the reader.

Still, this redesign is a work in progress. It will continue to be tweaked and changed, as much as our time allows. All in all I think we've made a substantial shift forward from what it used to be.

Our next task will be to address the content of this blog:
What is our mission?
What do you come to LBF to read?
What would you like to see more/less of?

This blog belongs to all the bloggers of Lebanon.
If you have any views or ideas, drop a comment on this post and let us know.

3 Comments:

At Sunday, October 16, 2005 10:44:00 PM, Blogger lifeflaw said...

Ramzi, it is obvious that the design of a Lebanese-flag-based template is a pure challenge as the colors of our flag don't make it easy for the designer to integrate into the template. I googled for color harmony and I found a site that might interest you, Chromoweb. From my browsing there, I was not able to find the red/green put in a design alone as 2 colors in harmony. Actually the minimalist design would be a red/orange/green with white or black background in the 3-color harmony page... I doubt that embedding orange in the template can make things better.

Thanks again for the great job...

 
At Sunday, October 16, 2005 11:29:00 PM, Blogger liminal said...

I think the "scroll & select" set-up might be a somewhat difficult. In my browser(firefox) I cannot see the down arrow until i scroll down a bit. I never see the up arrow.

The heart is not cheezy. Because I love Lebanon...and I'm serious about it. So, I'll fight hard for this heart. Whether or not it must be animated is more of an interesting design question to me at the moment.

Of course I would do things a bit differently, but I think Ramzi has done a fantastic job. [enter a round of applause for Ramzi]

We should ultimately have a template competition the next time we change templates.

Let's tweak now and see what works best...time willing, inshalla!

Thanks again Ramzi!

Lim.

 
At Monday, October 17, 2005 2:28:00 PM, Blogger Ramzi said...

Lim, I just did my part, no need for applause. But thank you!

"In my browser(firefox) I cannot see the down arrow until i scroll down a bit." <--- I use firfox too and I have no problem. Are you using a 'theme' or the regular FF skin? Anyway, I tweaked the code for the lists today, let me know how it goes...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home