10.1.06

Ghassan Tueni's latest article

Should it always be bad news, is this awareness or fact or warning or just pessimism. Ghassan Tueni brought back the phantom of civil war to my mind, and when it's coming from someone like Ghassan Tueni, it leaves a trace. Suleiman Franjieh said some stuff, but who listens to that retarted nincompoop. On the other hand, Annahar's wisest's words are heavy to swallow. Talk about conspiracies and outside forces is just unbearable to me. I still can't say the word "C... c... c... ca... cannon" easily until now. I truly believe we are over and done in Lebanon with the lowest achievement man stooped down to: War. Didn't we all believe that. I just want to say it again, in these blurry times: I will never, under any circumstance, hold a f***ing gun or be part of war, any war. Will you guys do it at all! and if Yes, under which circumstances?

read article here

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 10, 2006 5:08:00 PM, Blogger Fouad said...

A war against war, if anything. We will not fall in the same trap again. Although the lebanese people seem divided in their political affiliation (which under normal circumstances is a good marker for democracy), they're united against the resurgence of violence. The key, like has been said a million times before, lies in our loyalty to the nation and its unity. If this is deeply rooted, as I hope to God it is, no external interference will be successful in dragging Lebanon into an internal armed conflict of any sort.

 
At Tuesday, January 10, 2006 5:21:00 PM, Blogger Charles Malik said...

I go between hope and despair; between wanting to leave Lebanon immediately and wanting to stay and make it better.

Yesterday, I wanted to leave.

Today, I'm in the middle ground, but it is a hopeful middle ground.

I don't think there will be war.

 
At Tuesday, January 10, 2006 11:14:00 PM, Blogger Rampurple said...

I would NEVER fight against another Lebanese... no more civil war BUT I will be the first to pick up my gun and fight against a foreign army if it was in defense of lebanon!

 
At Wednesday, January 11, 2006 12:27:00 PM, Blogger shlon said...

:) the war... big question. Everyone will deny wanting to fight, but when the time comes, more than you expect will engage, take a weapon, and go out there kill somebody. An old friend? A piece of former family?

The country deserves all the blood we have in our veins, but the PEOPLE of Lebanon doesn't deserve shit. Even not a smal urine drop.

SO... my option is:: rawcheh, plouf, sea, crawl, Cyprus, then anything... No gun, No Malja2.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home