8.8.06

Before and After

I am not questioning the causes of this war, simply because we are in front of an urgent situation. The causes of the war are going to be discussed after all of this finish. And as I write this to you, I read that the government including Hizballah ministers agreed on sending the Lebanese army to south. Of course this is to cut the way on the French-American draft ( I prefer to call it a Israeli draft since Israel will only benefit from it) or to gain more power while enforcing “Lebanese” changes in it.
I am still sure that this operation was pre-prepared before the kidnapping of the two soldiers not that I believe in the conspiracy theory but the speed of actions on earth showed it all.
Did these people die with no reason? Israel must be questioned and not Hizballah.
Do I accept Lebanon-11 July?
I didn’t accept Lebanon’s political situation in any time after ta2ef (at least, since I was a kid before).
HA does not believe in the sovereignty of the state?
Maybe, same as Lebanese forces and amal and qawmeh and elishtirakeh. Don’t assume I am justifying that, but when we talk about a thing we must show the whole figure. I care less about sects, and I am from a certain sect but I don’t follow my sect leader. But in the same time, I am realistic. I said it before, and I will repeat it: I m against excluding any sect from the political process. I was against Christian exclusion in the Syrian years although I oppose some Christian movements severely. I will repeat the same opinion about Shia exclusion. U will tell me that they excluded every one and dragged the country to a war, I ask: why 14 march movement was not seen as dragging a country to a side of her own in the last one and a half year? Is it because the Syrian didn’t respond heavily as the Israelis? Or because they believe their case was just??
Hizballah believes his case is just at the moment. Same as 14 march before did believe. But I don’t care for all this in politics. What I care for is the way we can face possible future attacks from Israel. I believe the situation we reached was not because of an armed militia. It was because this militia refers to one sect. I believe if the resistance was of various colors and parties, we won’t have reached what we reached today.
Why am I talking about a resistance movement and not an army? Because previous experience with Israel taught us that groups of guerillas are much effective in such a case. Of course this resistance must be stopped if the causes are not found anymore.
It is a very sensitive situation and cursing Hizballah in secret and loud will lead to very dangerous results.
I must repeat again that honesty requires us to remember the way Hizballah dealt with the collaborators with Israel after the withdrawal. And by the way the collaborators were not Christian as the international media like to hear. They were from all sects. A betrayal is a betrayal, point (.)
I update my position referring to priorities I see at the moment in Lebanon. Priorities that will make us avoid another civil war.
Why don’t I agree on a peace agreement with Israel? This is another issue.

9 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 1:55:00 AM, Blogger Hilal CHOUMAN said...

*sigh*
مين ح يفهِّم الست؟؟

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 2:08:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

illa tsidd timma we bala maskhara ba'a

hilal nobody disagrees really. every lebanese i know would agree with you. HA is not dragging the country politically to one side more than the march 14 clan did. the cause/effect case here is so screwed up, i don't know who did us more unjustice. is it HA by having unilateral visions for the country as a front of defense for the bigger cause or is it march 14 for giving US/Israel the illusion that a move like that would be encouraged by a part of the lebanese, and maybe it's not an illusion but they took it too far.
you can't blame them because we can't enclose ourselves like syria did, we can't afford it and even syria can't but also i don't blame HA for ideological reasons that speak to my mere being as an arab (reasons far from religion and sect, call it dignity and identity).
so really now the blame goes as much as the nature of our co-existance in lebanon goes.
i don't blame the march 14, i don't blame HA, every side is acting out of what they envision as being best for the lebanon they know.
that's why i've been saying since the beginning the key issue will always be to find a middle ground of the lebanon we want, away from sectarian and tribal belonging.
i don't think this might necessarily happen, and we're starting to see the split once again on the UN draft so clearly.
we never learn..
i don't know what the solution is.

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 2:18:00 AM, Blogger Hilal CHOUMAN said...

that was my opinion as well mirvat, but as time goes on i see myself have to choose the nearest side (with keeping all th way open towards the other side). I believe all must walk to a middle place in the road to meet.
Being a neutral mirvat will be as being bala 6a3meh w bala ree7a. If we chose to become neutral, we will just accept the result of the struggle. ufortunately, we have to choose a side and try to drag it as much as we can towards us?
maybe this is not feasible.. I really don't know..

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 2:59:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

yeah..i don't know anymore..
dayya3o rabbna

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 3:09:00 AM, Blogger Hilal CHOUMAN said...

ghassan dear,
re read my post.
this is how things are perceived at the moment in lebanon.
it is about perception as well.
we are a 3rld world country and this is how things are perceived.
i said that, if the resistance was composed of all sects, we won't have fell in this situation and we won't be facing these sensitive disicions. (adding to this disarming, a certain sect disarming)
that what i wanted to say.
i hope u got my point.

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 7:32:00 AM, Blogger J. said...

"I beg to differ with you very strongly if you even dare to suggest that disarming HA has any sectarian undertones."
Unbelievable. the stuff you find online. So Hariri's, Geagea's and Jumblat's continuous calls to disarm Hezbollah have nothing to do with our sectarian system. The March 14 trio wants to see Hezbollah disarmed because they believe in the rule of law and they wish to uphold the Lebanese "institutions". Talk about perception and reality. You should apply for a fellowship at some conservative think thank; I’m sure you’ll get one. Wait, maybe you have one already.

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 7:41:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

"March 14 movement , which has been vey ineffective in passing any legal statutes was operating within the law and through legal Lebanese institutions."

self rightousness that will keep getting us in deep trouble. we always forget when it comes to criticizing ourselves, by that i mean the leaders we seem to be blindly supporting based on blind sectarian loyalty. of course you would think that one party more than other only cares about lebanon, irrespective of external influences, if you see lebanon to include yourself and your sect only.

"Furthermore , I have never heard anyone say in any way shapoe or form that the Shia community is to be disenranchised."

i might not be a shii but i'm offended, just look at our history.

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 12:04:00 PM, Blogger Hilal CHOUMAN said...

ya ghassan,
I was not talking about my perception. I was talking about the people perception.
two days ago march 14 followers had a demonstration aainst syria (which was forbidden by the government). I don't wanna it to look like an accusation, but why they didn't demonstrate against israeli destruction??
a simple question.
It is a matter of priorities in these difficult times.
and u know what i see as a reality differs than what bush sees as a reality, so it is a long argument that i won't go through.
ps. sometimes we use the laws as we like. laws are still right but reality on ground will be a mess.

 
At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 12:55:00 AM, Blogger Emil , Jerusalem said...

I think that some people miss the main point :

As long as Hizballah acts as a political party nobody has a right to deny it from elections.

Even in Egypt , almost 30 years after there are polictical movements , that demand cancellation of peace with Israel . OK it's sad but thay are political movements.

The problem is that HA became a military force acting by the name of Lebanon , but fighting for interests of Damascus and Teheran.

That is the reason , why even France , usually pro-Arab supports us this time. Nobody and nowhere wants see a "state within a state".

Any souvereign nation must excersize its souvereignity at every corner of its land.

By now , peace , sala'am and shalom to all people of Lebanon and I wish this conflict ends quickly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home