5.2.08

I am Beirut

This is a slightly sappy, but touching and heartfelt, chain email that came across my way (I took the liberty to edit it a bit before posting it). You might have already seen it. I have no idea who wrote it; but if you do, please share the knowledge.

I used to be a beautiful city… Some people say I'm still as beautiful as I was before... I don't like me anymore… I scare my kids away… I kill my people unintentionally… I starve them to death… I even turn some of their brightest days to a funeral in a split of a second…

Every day I stand there, waving to all these people, mostly young, leaving on these big airplanes… Jealousy kills me, knowing that they will go and enjoy grocery shopping in a street I've never heard of, smiling to a stranger who doesn't even know where their country is… Working hard and becoming successful… I wish they could be here with me, becoming successful with me… I feel helpless without them, thousands and thousands leave, few come back while I sit waiting and waiting and waiting…

A girl came to me the other day, young and beautiful… Wearing that white dress made her look like an angel. Stood at the "Corniche" with a coffee in her hand… She was staring at the sea with words coming out of her eyes

"I miss you Beirut.
I miss your weather, miss your sea breeze.
I miss staring at you at night from my bedroom balcony… when the world is sleeping and there is only you and I miss feeling loved.
I miss belonging to you, miss feeling the security… You don't know how hard it is to wake up every morning wondering if your parents or friends are ok, until you read the news and make few phone calls in case there was an explosion… Try harder Beirut…"

Tears filled my eyes and anger filled my heart… Didn't know what to say to comfort her! My body is heavy and scattered, my land enjoys blood and every now and then one of my veins explodes and many of my innocent kids die… I can't help it... I try...

"I want to come back and live here Beirut, next to my family, next to my dad and brother… I want to raise my kids in Beirut, just the way I was raised… Never knew the difference between a Muslim, a Christian, or a Jew… never heard about terrorism… Want my kids to grow up on discipline, respect, beliefs, freedom… and mostly integrity. What happened to you Beirut? You're no longer the same…

I turned and left, didn't want to hear her anymore… She kept calling me but I never answered... She broke my heart, only because she was telling me the truth! I'm no longer Beirut she once enjoyed when she was 4… They took my magic away…

Ashamed I am… I starve my people to death; I have no shelter for them anymore, no security, no love among each other… I'm in pain, I want to endure more, maybe, maybe someday my people will understand the pain I'm going thru and help me stand instead of walking all over me… I don't blame them; they are hungry and poor…

She left on one of those big airplanes few days later, sad she looked back at me hoping to come back and see me at least in the same condition, but we both knew it was not the case; I screamed and screamed hoping for her to hear me…

I order you to come back… Yes I can't promise you security but I promise you that you and me can make it together, come back and bring all those people who once left… because I miss them, miss their faces and their laughs… Come back and fight for me, clean my body from rotten creatures, change the world for me, help me stand… I can't do it alone.

I'm your city,
I'm your mother,
I'm your child,
I am Beirut.

7 Comments:

At Thursday, February 14, 2008 10:46:00 AM, Blogger Abe Bird said...

Really no one knows who killed Imad Mughniyaat all. It could be the Syrian hand made, the Christian Lebanes, the Iranians, the Americans, the Brits, the French and even it could be an inside action.

Show us some proof that Israel did it?

 
At Saturday, February 23, 2008 5:32:00 AM, Blogger CochiseandSpurLethr said...

Great site very informative.

 
At Wednesday, April 30, 2008 7:00:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Now with LOANS you have an opportunity to solve the financial crisis.

 
At Wednesday, April 30, 2008 7:03:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Now with LOANS you have an opportunity to solve the financial crisis.

 
At Friday, May 09, 2008 8:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we all know that syrian did it to say to isreal or usa we can end what we want

BLOGGERSMOSAIC

 
At Tuesday, December 30, 2008 7:12:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,A片,A片,A片,A片,A片,A片,情趣用品,A片,情趣用品,A片,情趣用品,a片,情趣用品,視訊聊天室,聊天室,視訊,ut聊天室,聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人電影,

A片,A片,AV女優,色情,成人,做愛,情色,AIO,視訊聊天室,SEX,聊天室,自拍,AV,情色,成人,情色,aio,sex,成人,情色,色情,情色電影,色情網站,av女優,av,自拍,成人,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,AV女優,成人,聊天室,ut聊天室,av女優

免費A片,美女視訊,情色交友,免費AV,色情網站,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人影片,成人網站,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,情色網,日本A片,免費A片下載,性愛

色情A片,A片下載,色情遊戲,色情影片,色情聊天室,情色電影,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊聊天室,一葉情貼圖片區,情色視訊,免費成人影片,視訊交友,視訊聊天,言情小說,愛情小說,AV片,A漫,av dvd,情色論壇,視訊美女,AV成人網,情色文學,成人交友,成人電影,成人貼圖,成人小說,成人文章,成人圖片區,成人遊戲,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,成人論壇,色情


免費A片,日本A片,A片下載,線上A片,成人電影,嘟嘟成人網,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,微風成人區,成人文章,成人影城,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,臺灣情色網,色情遊戲,嘟嘟情人色網,麗的色遊戲,情色論壇,一葉情貼圖片區,做愛,性愛,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,免費視訊聊天,美女交友,做愛影片

 
At Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:09:00 AM, Blogger jansmithxxx said...

Confident looked at getting yourself more costly eye protection not unlike rayban 3025 solar shades holds probably sought their company if they turn out to be worth ray ban 3025 the bucks. Usually, you are likely disbursing a significant amount of ray ban 2140 for him or her. You might basically obtaining your ray ban aviator rb 3025 trade name. Still, marriage ceremony your truth with ray ban aviators 3025, because they are ultimately worth every penny.
to be able to in shape quality rayban aviator 3025 lens in accordance with budget allowed rayban 3025 aviator sunglass eyeglass frames. Nowadays move forward knowing rayban 3025 sunglasses that you come to be dressed in exceptional ray ban aviator 3025 tinted glasses without having to pay rayban wayfarer 2140 the cost of high-end ray ban wayfarer 2140 fashion eyeglasses.
With ray ban wayfarer aperture technological innovations building, quality Jimmy bar rg3025 aviator rayban aviator
sun with the graceful finish continue to press the type rayban aviators stock market. Than ever before if you are rayban glasses scope had barely earned to guard you against Ultra-Violet ray ban aviators radiation. During trendy Lewis bar rg3025 aviator ray ban glasses glasses created from in such a way in order to safeguard you from the very sunglass rayban uv rays.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home