12.1.06

Lebanese Blogger Meeting IV

This was the 4th meeting of the Lebanese Bloggers, and it was the biggest so far. We reached thirteen bloggers on a rectangular table. The number "13" proved to be a good omen, yet, I think we should think of a place with a huge round table for the 5th meeting. :)

Finally, we got the chance to see who are the guys behind the nicknames. I couldn't chat with all, but I got the chance to chat with many.

Gladly, I saw faces that I know: Delirious, Eve, Maldoror, Mana and FrenchEagle. (Should I put myself among the faces that I know?)

Gladlier, I met new faces Hassan, Jamal, Lebanon.profile, Nobilis Tobilis, Raja, Zwixo and the famous Michael Totten.

First, I met Nobilis; we were among the first comers and I noticed that he was searching for something. So I figured it must be the bloggers' meeting. :) Ah, did I tell you, Nobilis and I share a similar taste in coffee; both of us prefer black coffee. I advised him to try the French Press. :)

This was the first time that FrenchEagle attended the bloggeer Meeting. By the way, FrenchEagle is my friend since IRC chatting days and he is the one who introduced me to the blogger scene back in September 2004. For my bad luck, his blog is French because of his audience and it is difficult for me to read French blogs.

I got the chance to chat with Zwixo; I was always eager to meet him in person. It is always nice to meet someone after you have read many of his posts and his comments. He is a cool guy really. By the way, he is moving from MSN Spaces to Blogger, so we can expect his personal blog to be up very soon.

I also got the chance to talk with Hassan. After chatting a little about work, we discovered that we have talked on the phone more than once within our work; actually the last time we talked on the phone was just 2 days ago! Earth is a small place.

Lebanon.profile is a guy who blogs politics spontaneously. Because I don't read political blogs, I tried to convince him to start a personal blog. As many realize, he is really good in political analysis.

I only discovered Jamal's blog lately and it is quite an interesting one. For your information, Jamal enjoys a great sense of humor. He jokingly described bloggers as frustrated writers, but after a second thought, I think that with all our demands we are more of frustrating writers.

I wish I had more chat with Michael, Raja, Maldoror and Delirious... but the table design was not helpful! To meet all the guys, you have to change your seat several times; I was too absorbed to do that.

w kil meeting w into bkheir :)

11 Comments:

At Thursday, January 12, 2006 9:14:00 AM, Blogger Eve said...

how do you do it?! how is it that you know nearly every blogger from somewhere else before? :pp

 
At Thursday, January 12, 2006 9:32:00 AM, Blogger jimmy said...

guys, i'm sorry i wasn't able to be there.

i was invited to a last minute birthday in a restaurant in achrafieh and i kept trying to find an excuse to leave early. anyway, glad to know you had fun and big hello to all of you.

 
At Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:30:00 AM, Blogger nobilis tobilis said...

I really enjoyed my first Lebanese bloggers' meeting. It was nice meeting guys that i knew only through their writings and opinions. Ahmad, abt the French press, i will try it today and give u the feedback.

 
At Thursday, January 12, 2006 12:54:00 PM, Blogger nobilis tobilis said...

Btw, can I be a contributor on this blog?

 
At Thursday, January 12, 2006 2:04:00 PM, Blogger francois said...

well people

even if i might have appeared a little bit cold, distant i have to say the following:
this meeting made me remembering the good old time on irc when people were not coming only to meet but to talk, discuss , debate

i really miss that time when the first question wasnt asl, but "what do you think" , i came with some apprehension due to my past experiences and as the chances occuring on the irc time before 2000 when i was organising chatter meetings for a lebanese chat room, but i left with good feelings about your community and to the related blogs and other communities.

ahmad u discovered a pearl among a ocean of sharks on the net , a place where everyone can talk freely without any apprehension and expose its ideas.

 
At Thursday, January 12, 2006 2:59:00 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Nobilis, you can email me to discuss the details.

btw Jimmy, you were missed, inta w Bob :)

 
At Thursday, January 12, 2006 3:13:00 PM, Blogger Delirious said...

Be sure to check out Joumana's hilarious account of the meetup here!

 
At Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:03:00 PM, Blogger G.C. said...

Hey Guys!
I'd have really liked to be with you! But my university constraints prevented me from doing so this time! It seems that your meeting was very nice!
I'm sure that our dear Lebanese Political Journal was very well represented through my co-blogger Lebanon.Profile!
I hope that i will be part of the coming meeting!

 
At Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:10:00 PM, Blogger Jamal said...

It was nice meeting you all.
After being threatened by Eve and Deli, I had to post a write up on the meeting. I did. I would link it if I knew how to do that, but i trust you are all more tech savvy than me.

 
At Friday, January 13, 2006 3:02:00 AM, Blogger Hassan said...

It was really great meeting you guys. Sorry i was late! :)

Ahmad, we'll talk soon!

 
At Friday, January 13, 2006 1:37:00 PM, Blogger lifeflaw said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home