6.4.06

Un-estranging myself


These are a couple images from my ski trip in Faraya over a month or so ago. It was truly the perfect day to ski. For those of you who don't know, skiing is perhaps my most favorite thing to do. If I could, I would drop everything and become a ski instructor. I've attempted to do this once in my life, but I showed up at the mountain during peak season...so there were no jobs left. I learn from my mistakes, but I haven't had the same opportunity since then. Oh well... That's how life goes. You're born into a situation, then stumble about with ambition and the compunction to believe that you are experiencing something unique. The human experience can be an estranging one when confronted with certain psychological pressures that the normal person doesn't go through. Common questions can be, "Why can't I relate to anybody?" And blogging has offered me an arena to relate to many others...but the problem has been that I actually cannot relate to others because most of my Iraqi friends I've made online are inside Iraq still (like some of my family) and most of the Lebanese friends I've made are inside Lebanon (like some of my family). Obviously, the situations are different for both sets of people. But being liminal has always been what I've been...and I understood this. That's exactly why I call myself Liminal. It was an attempt to call a spade a spade. I'm not unique by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd still like to find others out there who I can relate to, hold dear, and bond with... like any other living breathing person. Clearly, I've estranged myself from all my brothers and sisters here at LBF and I offer my sincerest apologies for this. I've told Eve a number of times I'm coming back, but I haven't. And at the moment I cannot find the words to even blog over at SB. I'm not sure what my problem is to tell you the truth, but I'm going to try to UN-estrange myself and reconnect myself to all of you in the coming months. If you have any advice for blogger's block, please fill me in! And just so you know, I've never stopped watching. I'm so thrilled so many wonderful bloggers are taking part in this project. I'm lucky to be Lebanese!

2 Comments:

At Thursday, April 06, 2006 12:21:00 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Liminal! missed you walla!
you know I was just teasing about that :) we all need a break from time to time. the hardest thing about blogging is when it turns out to be a job or an obligation. bass inta kteer tawwalt l ghaybeh :)

 
At Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:16:00 PM, Blogger Ramzi said...

I've been in the same funk Lim, and I don't think apologies are necessary.
Glad to have you back, and glad to see you write something again, anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home