14.2.07

Standing Alone

Maher, a Lebanese in Sydney, from M Possible's blog, would like to share with you this post he wrote not so long ago. So, without any further delay, I'll leave you to reading it.

"Stand up for what you believe in... even if it means standing alone!"

I am standing alone...

I believe in striving to create a better world and a brighter one for the generations to come and NOT planting hatred and aggression.

I believe in engaging our youth in their talents and creativity and building upon it and NOT engaging them in political cheer-leading.

I believe in an eternal spark deep down everyone for the love of living, playing and interacting positively and NOT in labeling individuals and misleading them.

I believe in the wonderful times and genuine love, bond and interaction I have with my friends and my brothers and sisters and NOT in the shaky sudden friendships only because of that ID label.

I believe in learning from the mistakes of the past, the tragedies, the dreadful crescendo and the memories of all the affected lives and futures and NOT in being guided into the same trap, by the same people, the same influences, the same media, the same invisible destructive hands and the same mongrels under unfaithful claims and concealed business deals and heritage/patriotic crimes.

I believe in the genuine souls who will stand up against all this chaos and NOT the souls who will be led into blinded hatred and irrational causes.

I believe in Lebanon, my Lebanon, your Lebanon, OUR Lebanon and NOT anybody else.

Tears shedding in my heart...
Agony boiling in my blood...
Glaze sparking in my eyes...
YET... an eternal spirit ever strong in my existence...
to strive in reaching a message, a message of love, serenity, trust, understanding and awakening!

...maher

7 Comments:

At Friday, February 16, 2007 5:06:00 PM, Blogger JoseyWales said...

Sorry Eve,

It's as "cliche" as it gets.

 
At Saturday, February 17, 2007 12:33:00 AM, Blogger Eve said...

I do agree that Maher is a little too much idealistic in his post. But anyway, I'm just the messenger.

 
At Saturday, February 17, 2007 9:56:00 AM, Blogger Maher said...

Thank you Eve for posting that :)

Idealistic... Perhaps. One would argue that it is because I did not lose faith, not yet. However, at a time when nothing seems rational, aiming high 'may seem' irrational as well.

 
At Saturday, February 17, 2007 6:58:00 PM, Blogger abu bitar said...

Maher, with all due respect, you live in the farthest place in Australia. how can that, for god's sake, be described as "not losing faith"??

 
At Tuesday, February 20, 2007 7:32:00 PM, Blogger arch.memory said...

I will have to agree with Josey (for the first time ever?) and Abu-Bitar on this one. The least that people like Maher and me could admit is that we are outside of Lebanon out of hopelessness, not faith.

 
At Saturday, February 24, 2007 10:32:00 AM, Blogger Maher said...

abu bitar, my friend, I have been here only recently!!! That shall never be an excuse!

arch, never hopelessness...

 
At Friday, October 23, 2015 7:28:00 PM, Blogger سكاي للتنظيف said...

شركة رش الدفان غرب الرياض
شركة رش الدفان جنوب الرياض
شركة مكافحة الوزغ بالرياض
شركة تنظيف خيام بالرياض
شركة مكافحة الهاموش بالرياض
شركة مكافحة الناموس بالرياض
شركة ترميم بالرياض
ترميم منازل
ترميم فلل
ترميم قصور
ترميم شقق

شركة تنظيف واجهات زجاج بالرياض
شركة مكافحة الخنافس بالرياض

 

Post a Comment

<< Home