19.2.05

A Kiss to Lebanon...

Wow, Eve...
You have such a way with words. I appreciate them very much! And of course, I make sure to send a kiss to Lebanon each night. It's good that you wanted to inquire with those around you, but in the end I think your conclusions are similar to mine. Beyond the biological and physical ties to Lebanon, the aroma of Za3tar and letters from loved ones are about as close to Lebanon one can get without actually being there. Being estranged from it can be unnerving, but it makes going back all the better. So, on a similar note...Lebanon to me is the air of the Cedars, the color and coolness of the sea, the vision of light breaking over Ghosta at 430am, the feeling you get right after you've eaten, the taste of a homemade arak--which I'm going to go have right now!--, the cacophony of political polemics of relatives after waking up very late on a Saturday, oh and so much more...I hope we can get to it all and MORE by forming this community online!

Now, excuse me, the arak awaits me!

Liminal

2 Comments:

At Saturday, February 19, 2005 2:24:00 PM, Blogger Eve said...

go easy with the arak, liminal :p
I have heard of Ghosta before, but can't seem to remember where it is located specifically. had wein ya3ni?

 
At Tuesday, February 22, 2005 4:34:00 AM, Blogger Firas Wehbe said...

I only heard of ghosta in the 'Saif 840' song.
Do you make your own arak abroad Liminal? Would love any pointers :) And why on earth are na3na3 leaves so damn expensive in the US?! Should start planting my own soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home