23.2.05

Where is Fairuz?

No matter what is going on around me, I always find solace in the timeless music of the Rahabni Brothers and the angelic voice of Fairuz.
To many Lebanese she is the vocal embodiment of Lebanon.
There is always some song in her endless repertoire that speaks to our mood; sad, happy, nostalgic, love-struck or heart-broken.

She gives us hope. She gives us strength. She gives us confidence in a better tomorrow.

Why hasn't she been seen or heard in this past week? If she'd only make an appearance now (somewhere, anywhere) I am sure that many Lebanese would remember what is truly at stake here. She's could be a million-man march all on her own...

WE NEED YOU!

Do you think Fairuz could help? Leave a comment and express your opinion!

2 Comments:

At Thursday, February 24, 2005 6:24:00 PM, Blogger Eve said...

I'll assume she is a reader of this blog, and tell her: "move, girl! No matter how much you give, we are always in need for more... Don't give up on us now. I know, u won't!"

 
At Friday, February 25, 2005 6:03:00 AM, Blogger liminal said...

Ramzi!

Seriously! Where is Fairuz?! In her position, maybe she's a bit reticent to come out. I'm sure there's a million and a half rumors flying around about her now. Anybody have one?

Eve!

I'm sorry I'll assume less.

:)

liminal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home