14.11.05

Introducing Lebanon.Profile

Lebanon.Profile signing in as a new member of the forum.

I'll post some stuff soon. I hope you'll find it interesting.

If you already read my blog, Lebanese Political Journal, you know that my posts are really long. I'll try not to do that here.

Also, I hope to tackle some serious issues, but through circumstantial and social examples. I believe some of the most basic ways in which we interact with other Lebanese - the kinds of things we don't normally think about - completely change the ways in which we see our country and interact with members of other sects. We have a tendency to be overly sensitive about certain issues, when, in fact, our interlocutors never intended to detrimentally assault our sensibilities. Contrarily, we don't notice inadvertant or intentional oppression, political gerrymandering, or structural isolation because we've become accustomed to it.

Okay...

Hopefully, I'll be able to make a unique contribution that doesn't deviate too far from what has come before me.

3 Comments:

At Monday, November 14, 2005 2:26:00 PM, Blogger Maldoror said...

In a few words: Deviate! make a difference and good luck!

 
At Monday, November 14, 2005 6:22:00 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Welcome to the group, LP. We'll be waiting to know about the other side of political bloggers :)

 
At Monday, November 14, 2005 10:37:00 PM, Blogger Delirious said...

Welcome LP!
Happy deviation! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home