22.4.06

Vote for me!

Hello all,

I have been nominated for Poet Laureate of the Blogosphere (which in turn has been nominated for the most ridiculous title on earth). Just kidding (about the second part); I am actually honored, and tickled that such a novice as myself would be nominated next to someone like Ron Silliman (but then again, all it takes is one mischievous vote for the nomination--and I swear it wasn't mine).

So, now that I am on the chopping block, won't you please vote (for me, or for someone worthier... Of course, I'd love to boast such a silly title on my blog, but that's just me). And since no one, as JoseyWales suggested, is expecting you to vote "just cuz he's Lebanese", and because clicking on the link just to the right of this is too tedious, here is a link to my blog where you can find about 4-years worth of poetry so you can judge for yourself:
http://archmemory.blogspot.com/

The place to vote is: http://poetisphere.com/

Please cast your vote by April 30th; that's when the voting will end and the winner will be announced. (This should be fun!) And thanks for indulging me!

Best,

Ashraf

14 Comments:

At Saturday, April 22, 2006 8:17:00 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Good luck Ashrafo!
I'll get you a bunch of votes, promise :)

 
At Saturday, April 22, 2006 9:11:00 PM, Blogger lifeflaw said...

Ashraf, you got my vote. :)
Good luck.

 
At Saturday, April 22, 2006 9:19:00 PM, Blogger arch.memory said...

Thanks, Ahmad & Eve! This is feeling like "Superstar", except not as exciting, or super! LOL!

 
At Saturday, April 22, 2006 9:58:00 PM, Blogger Akram said...

Ashraf Osman, you got my vote ;) Is that right your name or am I voted for another one :|

 
At Sunday, April 23, 2006 12:29:00 AM, Blogger arch.memory said...

That is right; not that many Lebanese names on that list anyhow :)

 
At Sunday, April 23, 2006 3:51:00 PM, Blogger JoseyWales said...

How about a poem or a link to one?

Or should we vote for this guy just cuz he's Lebanese?

We could then go back to curse sectarian fools who vote for X because he is one of them. ;)

 
At Sunday, April 23, 2006 6:40:00 PM, Blogger arch.memory said...

No one is expecting you to vote because I'm Lebanese! You could have scrolled down on that same page I linked to in the post, clicked on my name, and that would have taken you to my blog where you can find about 4-years worth of poetry. But you are right, I should have provided that link in the post above. So I will fix that promptly; thank you for bringing it to my attention.

 
At Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:24:00 PM, Blogger JoseyWales said...

Thx Arch,

I also did not realize you were the same as Poet Ashraf.

 
At Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:25:00 PM, Blogger arch.memory said...

My bad!

 
At Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:31:00 PM, Blogger حالة طواريء said...

مرحبا
انا اول مرة يمكن بمرق من هون و بطول, و انا كمان صوتتلك قبل ما اقرأ اشعارك و انا اساسا في سوء تفاهم مزمن بيني و بين الشعر و بحب خبرك انو لما انهبلت مرة بحياتي و صوتت لسوبر ستار , صوتت مش للبناني بل لليبي ايمن الاعتر لانو صوتو بيهبل و بيغني صح بس هالمرة صوتلك لانك لبناني و بدون ما اعرف شو بتكتب و اللي مش عاجبو يروح يدق راسو بالحيط

 
At Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:42:00 PM, Blogger arch.memory said...

Shukran, rat! (I wish I could type back in Arabic, but I don't have the keyboard or the operating system...)

 
At Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:48:00 PM, Blogger حالة طواريء said...

اشرف
مرقت على المدونة تبعيتك و ريحت ضميري و اخدت فكرة سريعة عن اللي عم تكتبو
حظ سعيد

 
At Monday, April 24, 2006 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Eve said...

Josey,
when arch replied to adam, saying there aren't many Lebanese candidates on that page, he was not calling for a sectarian voting, just clarifying adam's confusion about his real name (sorry to barge in, Arch :) ). In the end, all contestants are welcomed to campaign for themselves, but too bad for them, it's a Lebanese forum.

 
At Monday, April 24, 2006 3:03:00 PM, Blogger arch.memory said...

Thanks, eve & rat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home