19.7.06

Call to Arms, a Poetic Stance

While I was busy crying my heart out with desperation, my dear friend Katy surprised me with a plan to make me cry some more (yeah, yeah, yeah... my flood gates are open, what am I to do?). She posted a most touching Call to Arms on Poets101:
http://www.poets101.com/newswire/display/20/index.php

And here's a list of those who obliged her call so far; I thank each and everyone of you most profoundly. Please check out these poems, they are most touching:
And here's a couple of other related entries:
Thank you so much, Katy, and all the poets of Poets101!

8 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 8:45:00 PM, Blogger Eve said...

khay.. poetry at last :)

 
At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 10:37:00 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Mo, if you have a Lebanese blog, it will be our pleasure to add it.

Archmemory, you say poetry, and they reply with the same old song they've learned.. getting boring, don't you think? :)

 
At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 10:50:00 PM, Blogger The Lebanese said...

I wrote a poem today for beirut, I couldn't take it anymore when I saw my beautiful city being mutilated again.

 
At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 11:47:00 PM, Blogger arch.memory said...

Eve, I know! You think they're getting paid per comment, regardless of relevance?

 
At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 11:59:00 PM, Blogger Eve said...

archmemory,
hehe, iza heik, they must be so rich by now :)

 
At Wednesday, July 19, 2006 12:03:00 AM, Blogger Hashem said...

Archmemory and Eve- maybe that's what they understand by poetry...lies, and more lies!
keep blogging ya shabab...it's obvious we're pissing some people off!

 
At Wednesday, July 19, 2006 4:20:00 AM, Blogger Billy Jones said...

Ashraf,
Thank you for linking to my poem, it seems so little next to what the people of Lebanon are going through, but poetry and donations are the only way I know to help. As Lebanon dies so dies the world.

 
At Friday, December 26, 2008 9:43:00 AM, Blogger Free Blogger Template. said...

Like to join your link.

http://www.freetemplateblogs.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home