14.7.06

Enough!!

"It's nearly 4:00 a.m. I hear the muezzin from afar. But I mostly hear the sounds of the Israeli warplanes all over Beirut. This time, Dahyeh is confirmed to be under attack. I can't sleep."
This is the post started by Eve before she lost her Internet connection.
She just sent me an SMS asking me to continue her post.
It's almost 4:30 am. I heard those warplanes too. And I started trembling and shaking. I can still hear them...
Yes, I live relatively far from Beirut. Yes, Israel doesn't care about little insignificant me and won't be hiding under my bed waiting to strike.
But I cannot help but feel terrified, a remnant of those childhood years spent in shelters, I reckon.
I cannot begin to describe the feelings of people around me, a lot of whom have posted their viewpoints here or on their blogs. All I hear is "It's all Hizballa's fault!", "It's Israel's fault!", "It's our government's fault!"
Well frankly my dears, I don't give a damn whose fault it is. When an innocent civilian or child or a whole family gets killed, it doesn't matter anymore. When our already agonizing economy receives a major blow when 12,000 tourists flee, it doesn't matter anymore. When a blockade is imposed on my country, it doesn't matter anymore.
The country is in a state of panic, people are lining up at gas stations and bakeries, just like the old days.
I refuse to discuss politics and enter the game of "whose fault it is".
I only join my voice to that of Bob's and a few other sensible individuals and affirm: We want peace and we want it NOW.

7 Comments:

At Friday, July 14, 2006 5:04:00 AM, Blogger arch.memory said...

I hope Eve, and all of your families, are alright. My heart's with you at this time. And with my stubborn aunt braving it in the Dahyeh. I wish now I wasn't so stubborn myself and told her goodbye before I left Lebanon last month. I hope I'll have another chance to make it up...

 
At Friday, July 14, 2006 5:35:00 AM, Blogger _z. said...

allah ye7mikoun ya jame3a...
thank you for the updates. our hearts are with you...

Eve sending you the post to complete, is such a touching thing...
solidarity and bonding at its best.
good luck

 
At Friday, July 14, 2006 6:41:00 AM, Blogger Hashem said...

I wish I was in Lebanon....I wish I was with you....I'm so in pain....in guilt.

 
At Friday, July 14, 2006 7:25:00 AM, Blogger Zizou From Djerba said...

I'm still awake and it is 7h20!
I hope you can make it to hamra this afternoon.
we can meet in front of Taj el moulouk ( Makhfar hbeche) at 6h.

 
At Friday, July 14, 2006 11:01:00 AM, Blogger Leila Abu-Saba said...

Good luck at Taj el moulouk, I was there 6 years ago buying baklawa to take home to California. My heart is with all of you.

I am so sad for my cousin Majid, who was going to get married in Mieh-Mieh August 12, and all the relatives were going to fly in for the wedding. I don't know if he can even get there now, he lives in the Gulf and I don't know if he's back in the dai'ah yet.

Praying for everyone. God bless you all.

 
At Friday, July 14, 2006 3:24:00 PM, Blogger Eve said...

guy,
"Our army does ALL IT CAN to avoid hiting civilians"

yeah, right. what a job your army is doing! I wonder what kind of cooperation did she do.

thx delirious for being there!

 
At Friday, July 14, 2006 5:37:00 PM, Blogger Eve said...

no ramz, it's not Cana. it's a family in the south whose entire members became, two days ago, nonexistant; thx to that army up there, which is doing "all it can" to blah blah and blah!

in either case, this is not a time to blame. it is a time to stop those warplanes from killing more of "her".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home