11.8.06

Raafat El Hajjan

Me: So what did u do today, dad?
Dad: news, talk shows, bought water for some people here and watched an episode of "Raafat Elhajjan" .
Me: My God! you are still watching this series!
Dad: yeh. Neeno, eb2a sallmli 3al mama
Me: LOL
(...)
Me: is it the 4th time you watch it?
Dad: ... maybe the 10th.. the 14th
Me: I can't handle it! .. I can tell you the dialogue!
Dad: you Know we used to watch it in civil war.. It reminds me of that time..
Me: yeh.. I remember..
Dad: Did you hear the new joke about haifa?
Me: ?
Dad: .. hayda ya seedna....
(LBF censorship)

3 Comments:

At Friday, August 11, 2006 6:32:00 PM, Blogger Leila Abu-Saba said...

My alter ego, the Guttersnipe (lives in a gutter, snipes with jokes) is collecting war humor over at Dove's Eye View. She is holding the Dove hostage and has taken over posting, intermittently.

Would love the english version of your father's joke. The Guttersnipe reserves right not to post it, of course. Maybe it's too horrible for even the Guttersnipe to tell in public. But let me know anyway.

 
At Friday, August 11, 2006 7:12:00 PM, Blogger arch.memory said...

Hilal, I don't think this is the Haifa joke your dad was telling you (because I don't think this requires censorship); but the one I heard goes:

ARAB LEADERS TOLD ISRAEL:
IF YOU HIT HAIFA WEHBE HOUSE, WE HIT HAIFA!

:)

 
At Wednesday, April 15, 2009 9:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

17.7.06
Warning Strong Pictures

These are the pictures you will see, only, in Lebanese newspapers tomorrow. yes, too strong & maybe non-postable for ethical reasons, but what is going on in Lebanon has gone beyond any ethics in any worldwide dictionary. This is what the Israeli raids are doing to my country, to my people. This is what they will keep on doing, under the pretext of "self-defense". Those are the terrorists who scared Ehud Olmert. A moment of silence, a prayer and a call for all those who care still about humanity to wake up!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home