Rosemary 'can lie in the church' gave a historical outlook about Lebanon made in TelAviv
I was watching CNN in horror tonight as Rosemary (who can lie -it seems- even inside a Church) promised the viewers a historical outlook that has the potential to illuminate the whole essence of “the deal” of the Middle East problem, blow their minds away and make them smarter all at once!
The most genuine part, were the little “brainwash” sentences displayed on the screen as the episode went on. As an example: “Country created from groups that had little in common”, as if the Lebanese were imported from Taiwan and Mexico and implanted stupidly together, and they have no history nor culture in common… So just like that! Ms. “can lie in the Church” found the problem and maybe the solution at the same time: Separate them! The problem is not the Israeli aggressor, it’s the Victim again!
The guest was a former ambassador (David Mack I guess), who didn’t seem to interact much with her interpretation of the events but struggled bad to explain to her that Israel was the one attacking Lebanon, and that it didn’t start last month, but since 1968 when he was an ambassador in Lebanon and the Israelis bombed the Beirut airport- version 1!
So as for the historical outlook of Ms. “can lie in the Church”, here are the main points:
- The country was formed by the French in what was western Syria in the 20s
- They placed a collection of people that have nothing in common together
- The government is based on power sharing between people that have nothing in common and hence the problems!
- Due to this ongoing struggle and from the beginning, Israel supported the Christians, against the Shiaas supported by Iran (I really forgot what she said about who supported the Sunnis, maybe Syria!) and hence the –dreaded- power struggle
Now for the history of Palestine (this one also good)
- In the 1940's the Palestinians started fighting the Jews
- The UN decided to partition Paletstine for Arabs and Jews
- The Jews declared their independence
And THAT'S THAT! Now the CNN viewers know the essence of the problem and can analyze the shit out of the last events for themselves and project the future so comfortably like little visionaries. So who volunteered this outlook for Rosemary and why stressing on these half-truths and full lies so much now! And how would these lead to any better understanding of the situation and Israeli aggression? Unless they do it in a very specific way that serves Israel’s ongoing effort at falsifying our history and justifying its anomaly:
- Lebanon created from western Syria by France is carefully packaged as an answer to all the westerners that say that Israel was created by the British. And while the modern state of Lebanon was created by the French, recent Lebanon existed (with growing and shrinking borders) as a semi-independent entity since the 16th century (more detail in a later post) and populated by the present day Lebanese. In contrast, Israel's quasi majority of the population are 2nd or 3rd generation Israelis who were imported from Europe and who drove the indigineous population out and hence the worlds current largest refugee population sinde 1948: the Palestinians
- Lebanon is unstable and is meant to disintegrate… So if a civil strife starts again in Lebanon (and TelAviv and NeoConSphere are at it! as they’re doing in Iraq)… Nobody objects if the partitioning solution imposes itself again (the famous Libanization of the 70s-80s). It’s the solution to stop the struggling people’s 86 years old misery
- The Israelis are not that bad!! It’s the Lebanese Christians who are ungrateful! Israelis helped them since the 1920s to balance their position in front of Shiaas who were supported by Iran. And now they’re siding with Khizbullah… Death to the terrorists and their supporters! (for those who are not familiar with the history of the region, neither Israel existed in the 1920s nor Iran had any influence on the Shiaa of Lebanon until the 1980s)
- The awkward French placed a collection of people that have nothing in common and on the top of that, they are sharing power and THAT’S BAD! PLURALITY AND TOLERANCE ARE BAD FOR YOU, they don’t work! You need the Israeli model! And yes for spinning off new racist confessional states in the new Middle-East modeled after the Greater State of Israel (remember Ms. Rice birth pangs parabola – we feel it kick).
All this rimes well with the rising rhetoric in the media about the weakness of Lebanon or the army, and the carefully chosen words of the Israeli hypocrite to the UN about the same topic and the strength of Khizballah etc.
And as for Palestine:
- The ‘European immigrated’ Jews seem to have been there all the time, the problems just started in the 1940s spontaneously. Given that the Palestinians are called terrorists all the time, the viewer is left to himself to deduce who were the bad guys then too!
- The Palestinians began arriving (not driven out, not chased, not made refugees but arriving) in 1940s to Lebanon on their long honeymoon ever since
- Israel declared its independence in 1948 and a bunch of old ladies saluted the flag and that’s that!
Although the little show above might be petty and insignificant, it gives me the creeps because it is an indication that the Israel propaganda and political scheming machine is working again towards a civil war in Lebanon, and this is not naïve nor insignificant. Israel’s ultimate goal is to get rid of the “Palestinian question”, and it means first and foremost getting rid of the refugees and creating an outlet where it can drive out as many more Palestinians from the occupied territories as possible. Lebanon in a civil war again, is the ONLY possible solution for that to happen!
A conveniently “KhHizbullah-free” South Lebanon and a good multi-national buffer force between South Lebanon and Israel, will mean good conditions for the Palestinian refugees to stay where they are! They wouldn’t be able to attack Israel anymore as they would be attacking the Americans, French or other contributors to the force (if they still can attack by then). They wouldn't either want to exercise the right of return anymore as they will be given the nationality of whatever entity where they’re staying was named. This might also lead to a new chaotic Gaza implanted in the south of Lebanon and part of another forever un-alive state.
I’m not claiming here that Lebanon is problem-free, because as any nation, it has it’s own systemic problems and maybe more that the norm for most nations! However Lebanon is above all a “pluralistic” model that needs support and encouragement. It’s a model where the power is shared between different confessions who, most importantly share common values through their mixed families, villages and towns and through an ever booming culture and economy and a drive to resist oppression and defend their homeland.
Lebanon could be a recipe for a Muslim-west conciliation or a “world at peace” contrary to the clash of civilization theories preached by the neo-cons and the Zionists behind them, it’s the proof that peace between Islam, Christianity and secularism can exist! And it’s the exact anti-model for the racist apartheid state of Israel and all other fundamentalist ideologies of this world -Zionism- not excluded.
The war against terror which is the hidden face of the “clash of civilizations” is being fought in Lebanon but not in the same sense that the Israelis are trying to give to it! For if this pluralistic Lebanese model- is killed to relief a -racist Israeli model-, the next waves of "civil unrest" and clashes of civilization are going to happen in Paris and London and other cities around the world and these are going to involve more than a bomb in a subway! This blind support and endorsement of the democratic West (built over christian values) to an ever expanding Israel, while ignoring the simple principles of Justice, will fast forward us into the real global mayhem of civilizations! The West would have allowed the NeoCons to have made a self-fulfilled prophecy!