20.12.06

Making Hummos

Making hummos is not as easy as it seems.

1) you need the proper equipment. I broke two blenders before I bought a food processor, and I still don't like the texture of the hummos that the new processor creates.

2) you need the right ingredients. Most importantly, make sure you like the taste of the ingredients, because not every tahina and olive oil tastes the same.

3) proportion is key. Too much salt, lemon, tahina, and olive oil in proportion to one another and in proportion to the amount of chick peas will ruin your hummos.

Unfortunately, I never learned to cook. I had to figure everything out on my own. I'm still not making perfect hummos, but it's pretty good. If this seems to be a post that's way too obvious, your quality of life is far better than mine, as you are most likely eating great food on a regular basis instead of ruining fresh ingredients.

Independence is nice, but when you've lived in a house with a master chef, your daily dining expectations rise dramatically. Then again, does anyone's food ever compare to what they eat in the village?

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 20, 2006 8:23:00 PM, Blogger linalone said...

No absolutely not.

 
At Thursday, December 21, 2006 2:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you think hommos is a hard task then don't try to make "kebbe"...lol
Yeah I know, that's the price to pay for independency..!

 
At Thursday, December 21, 2006 6:18:00 PM, Blogger Happy Arab said...

Why don't we have a "making hummus" competition between all our venerable leaders, and the one who makes the best hummus takes all the government seats?

It's like the world cup's penalty kicks after scoring equally in normal and extended time.

 
At Thursday, December 21, 2006 8:09:00 PM, Blogger linalone said...

Tabboule competition is better... hek hek 3am yetma2ta2o fina

 
At Sunday, December 24, 2006 6:11:00 PM, Blogger Charles Malik said...

I don't know if I would be willing to eat anything made by Lebanese politicians. I'd be afraid for my health.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home