9.12.06

Bloggers meeting number 14

I volunteered to write one of the reports for the meeting, although I arrived 1 hour late and left way before it ended and although I was unintentionally away from the scene for a while. For this reason, I’m going to describe the meeting from my narrow perspective. I think it was the 14th meeting (or the 15th? You confused me in the invitation message) I met new faces, especially “anaminbeirut” who directly introduced himself as an Iranian and that he came from a family known for the Persian carpet industry. So I knew directly that something was going on before I came. Yes, they were talking politics, which is not shocking by any means, like most of the meetings that we’ve done so far, adding to that the overheated situation that the country has been enduring. There was also another finding form this meeting. We have many Spanish speaking people in the meeting: Delirious, Jamal, Moustapha and myself. Therefore, there has been a suggestion that we start a Lebanese blog in Spanish, especially that there are many of our fellow Lebanese in Latin America and Spain and since Spanish is the second language after English (by its spread not by the number of people speaking the language) and after I watched last night a movie (In the European Film Festival) on Camarón, which was a legendary gypsy singer in Spain, a film that made me refresh my Spanish a little bit. So guys, if you’re still interested, let me know. And I’m sure that there are many other bloggers that would be interested to contribute. Anyways, that’s all from my perspective and see you in the 15th (or 16th?) meeting.

3 Comments:

At Saturday, December 09, 2006 9:05:00 PM, Blogger Charles Malik said...

Hmmmm...

Spanish and politics. You should have done some Spanish dancing to get all that political passion out of your blood streams.

 
At Sunday, December 10, 2006 3:54:00 AM, Blogger MarxistFromLebanon said...

I know this is none of my business... but if you active fellow bloggers are doing that, I recommend that all perspectives be reflected in it, since the beauty of a blog to reflect such contradictory perspectives from a personal/analytical point of view.

Best of luck

MFL

 
At Wednesday, December 13, 2006 12:58:00 AM, Blogger RP said...

If you need any help with Spanish, let me know...I'm available, and I'm really appreciate all the help I could get with my arabic lessons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home