23.2.07

A Lost Summer: Postcards from Lebanon



During this summer war, many people wrote their thoughts and feelings and sent them to friends and family via emails, blogs, and text messages. After several months of work, a group of individuals (mainly members of a London-based organization named Lebanon United) have been able to compile a collection of quotations from these writings with the aim of capturing the essence of that time. The writings come from Lebanese and non-Lebanese, and were paired (in the form of postcards) with personal photographs that individuals had taken, making this book one for the people by the people.

A sample of this book, which has been called "A Lost Summer: Postcards from Lebanon", can be viewed with this link. For those interested in buying a copy, or if you would like more information, please contact me at xxx, and your message will be forwarded to the proper contacts.

Because of a wonderful sponsor that covered the printing costs, every dollar (or pound or lira) you spend on this will be donated in support of Lebanon.

- L.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At Saturday, February 24, 2007 9:30:00 AM, Blogger Moussa Bashir said...

congratulations.
allow me to post this on my blog too?

 
At Saturday, February 24, 2007 7:00:00 PM, Blogger Moussa Bashir said...

and on topics192 and on GVO?

 
At Saturday, February 24, 2007 9:26:00 PM, Blogger Lazarus said...

sure :)

 
At Tuesday, February 27, 2007 3:28:00 PM, Blogger Shirin said...

This is a blessed initiative. I'm a Lebanese living in Germany and express my political opinion by illustrations.

shirin-from-lebanon.blogspot.com

 
At Tuesday, February 27, 2007 4:22:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello, excuse me for posting a "not on topic" comment.

I'm a 22 years old Dutch student and I hope to get my bachelors degree Communications this summer. As a part of my dissertation I have to write a communication strategy aimed at bloggers.

To get more information about why bloggers blog, which tools they use, etcetera I have started a (short) survey. The results of this survey will be published on my blog by the end of March. Everyone who is interested in the results is free to use it.

Are you a blogger and do you have 5 – 10 minutes to spend on my survey? Go to www.petervangerner.nl and the survey will appear immediately on your screen.

Thanks a lot!

Peter van Gerner

 
At Wednesday, December 21, 2011 11:58:00 PM, Blogger Pepe Cadena said...

I think that your informations really good because today if you want to communicate well you have to use e-mails, blogs, text messages and Indian Pharmacy !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home