14.3.05

Tingling All Over

I am watching the masses of people in Lebanon on their way to the Martyr's Square. There must already be over a million people at the square already. The square is full, and the masses have reach Riad Al Solh Square.

People are still on their way to the square and are having difficulty getting there because of the traffic of people heading towards the square. It just took my brother 2 hours to get from nahr il kalb until the forum (he really hasn't even reached the forum). Usually this path does not even take 10 minutes. I have been calling him every hour to get updates from him and to notify him of what I am seeing on TV. Last time I shut the phone I had tears in my eyes.... I really want to be there. I want to be a part of this event.

Today's event is to mark 4 weeks since the death of former PM Hariri along with 16 other people. The truth of the explosion has not been covered yet. No one knows how the explosion took place and who created the explosion. We need our answers, and we won't let go this time. It's time assassinations stop being part of our society and daily lives.

I am tingling all over...

2 Comments:

At Monday, March 14, 2005 3:30:00 PM, Blogger Raja said...

I am jumping around like a *&%*^ monkey!!!

 
At Monday, March 14, 2005 4:22:00 PM, Blogger Matthew said...

If you're interested. I posted several pictures from the demonstration on my blog.

(http://americaninlebanon.blogspot.com/)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home