21.6.05

Georges Hawi, Martyr

Another brave soul has fallen.
Another name crossed off the list.

Our list of martyrs is starting to read like a honor roll for national reform & Syrian opposition.

Georges Hawi was murdered this morning in Wata El- Msaibeh, Beirut. His car was rigged and he died instantly. The images are so reminiscent of what happened to Samir Kassir. The car and his body are almost intact. His life was surgically ripped away.

Georges Hawi, ex-director of the Lebanese Communist Party, has had a very long and rich history in all the trials and tribuations of this country. I will leave the obit. for those more knoweldgable.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 21, 2005 10:57:00 AM, Blogger Rampurple said...

may his soul rest in peace... i am shocked... i dont know why... i should have gotten used to this by now

 
At Saturday, June 25, 2005 3:14:00 AM, Blogger Emmunah said...

I just want to express my complete sympathy. I can imagine what you all must be going through. Please know, that many people are out here rooting for you, and although I say my prayers for you all in Hebrew, they are no less genuine and heartfelt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home