14.7.06

What I've been hearing...

I just posted a similar version of this as a comment on the Lebanese Bloggers (which, btw, is IMO the very best source for breaking news right now). Since it's buried under nearly 70 others-- and somewhat long for a comment-- i thought i'd repost it here.

Much of the information i'm passing along is speculation, but it is coming from very credible sources.

-- My boss (who is very well connected) tells me that further strikes in Bey will probably be limited to the southern suburbs. If Hezbollah retaliates harshly, the most likely central Beirut target is BIEL.

--the Turkish ambassador to Lebanon told a friend of mine that the road to the Syrian border in the North will be targeted (and cut off) soon, probably within the next 24 hours. If you want to get out without being evacuated, go NOW.

Apparently, he feels its possible that the whole country will end up sealed for a few months. As someone who'd rather be stuck in Lebanon than stuck outside of it, this strengthens my resolve to stay, but you guys should take this into consideration.

--a Mustaqbal source informs me that they are hoping to somehow convince Hezbollah to turn the soldiers over to the government. Seems unlikely, but just fyi.

That's it for now. Be safe, everyone!!

1 Comments:

At Saturday, July 15, 2006 2:41:00 AM, Blogger Michael Brenner said...

Yeah, what about your prisoners in Syrian jails, whom I can assure you do not have it as good as those in Israeli jails. I urge the lebanese not to allow Hizbollah to dictate their agenda.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home