6.5.05

No Break

It seems that we can't have a long break from politics.

This evening, an explosion rocked Jounieh (north of Beirut). The explosion is said to have occured in a compound belonging to a Christian radio station (sawt-el-ma7abba/the sound of love). The bombs may have been set off either in the offices of the station, or in St. John's, a church located in the compound. The compound is located near the local party offices of the Free Patriotic Movement who's exiled leader, and longtime anti-Syrian activist, Gen. Michael Aoun is returning tomorrow (Saturday) after an almost 15-year-long absence.

So far, 1 person was killed, and 6 were injured. However, due to the massive size of the explosion, and the fires that ensued, search efforts are still being carried out to locate victims.

Another report of an explosion in or near a cafe in Hamra (Beirut) has started circulating. No details available so far.

I will update as soon as any new information becomes available.

I wonder what it will take to rid our beatiful country of Syria's cronies and their influence. Are freedom, liberty and sovereignty too much to ask for?

4 Comments:

At Saturday, May 07, 2005 5:26:00 AM, Blogger End racism said...

We want the truth we want the truth! Syria was behind it!

 
At Saturday, May 07, 2005 3:15:00 PM, Blogger Tempest said...

Exactly. I wouldn't expect you to understand that. You don't care about Lebanon. To you, there's Israel and the anti-Israeli causes, and you are willing to sacrifice lebanon in order to destroy Israel. Sure Syria and her cronies were behind it. Lahoud, Sayyid, Qanso, and the rest.

Marsden, I will put it very simple. You are a stupid, stupid, misinformed, stupid person. The Tabula Rasa that is was you mind now resembles a child's scriblings.

Stupidity, misinformation, bias, blind hatred, racist ideology...You are perfect Hizbullah material.

 
At Saturday, May 07, 2005 4:34:00 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Marsden and Tempest,

Please try to dialogue without the sarcastic, insulting and uncivilised kind of way!! Accept that you two share totally opposite ideas, and that no one will ever be able to convince the other of his own!

 
At Saturday, May 07, 2005 6:57:00 PM, Blogger End racism said...

Eve, I don't have a problem with sarcasm. In fact, I don't have much of a problem with the above comment by Tempest. I think it says more about him than me. I think it goes to show who wants real dialogue and who doesn't. If I say (through sarcasm) that everything bad in Lebanon is done by Syria, I get a reply in the form of "you're stupid", "you don't care about Lebanon" (typical response), etc. I think it goes to show the level at which the so-called "opposition" stands - full of non-acceptance of any views but its own (speaking of freedom of speech........ I can already tell what it'd be like with Aoun as the dictator oh pardon me I meant president of Lebanon) and fallacious arguments (if you're not with the "opposition" then you don't care about Lebanon).

I am all for freedom of speech. Let Tempest say what he wants. He might think he scored a goal against me, but that will only be in his mind and not in reality, just like much of the "opposition's" claims to unity, etc. are in people's minds rather than real. You see, I think this is the root of the problem in Lebanon. People are not willing to listen. People are interested in calling one another stupid when they hold opposing views. This is why there can be (and sooner or later there will be) another war. I say this with a lot of pain, because I do care about Lebanon and don't want to see the same thing happen again, because I'm afraid that if it does, then Lebanon will never be the same again.

When the "opposition" first came to light, I was supportive. I was hopeful that today's youth in Lebanon are open-minded, would not resort to such things, would not make the same mistakes their parents made. I was wrong. I was delusional. I was fooled. Lebanon has not learned from the past. It has only learned to put on a mask of "everything's alright", when the wounds of the war are still open and undiscussed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home