18.5.05

Our Airport!

I already posted that a proposal had been made to the government to rename Beirut International Airport as "Rafik Hariri's international Airport-Beirut" and I already said what I thought about it and I know I said I wouldn't post anything political anymore but I couldn't help myself. My dad just came home so I sat down with him and he had the news on, this proposal just got approved! I should have known... looking at the old post regarding this topic I just realized that Najib Mikati (who is the prime minister at the moment) was the one who had proposed it to begin with!

I am fuming! We have one bloody airport, it should not be called after Hariri on anyone else for that matter! I will simply paste what I posted on the topic previously:

I think this is going too far. Let's be very frank here, Hariri is a good guy but he isn't mister perfect. One grudge I have held against him for a long time is how he liked to name everything after him, or how I he liked to rename several places. It was like changing history.
Lebanon only has one airport and I don't think it should be named after anyone. If it was a country that held several airports then I think we should consider it.

Please note I even thought the same thing when they considered naming the airport after Bachir Gemayel. I love Bachir but once again, I do not think that the Lebanese airport should be named after anyone.



F$#king A! I am so pissed off now! Walla sons of bit%&es....

8 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 18, 2005 10:36:00 PM, Blogger Rampurple said...

Please reread the post....

I already mentioned this... Lebanon only has one airport... in the US you have numerous airports... why honor Hariri and not honor other people who were a great contribution to Lebanon... pre-civil war era?

Let's not get into this people! We have one airport... Beirut International Airport.

 
At Thursday, May 19, 2005 10:16:00 AM, Blogger Rampurple said...

Marsden.... I think we have finally agreed on something!

 
At Thursday, May 19, 2005 12:49:00 PM, Blogger Ramzi said...

1) The fact that Hariri has passed away makes blaming Hariri for this renaming totally nonsense. He's not getting a kick out of it, believe me

2) Naming it Hariri International Airport does not mean he's a saint or Mr.Perfect, just a major figure. Which we can't deny he was.

3) Were it not for Hariri's vision at least rest assured we would still have that crappy eyesore of an airport we had before

4) Why do we have Riad el Solh square or Bchara El-Khoury Avenue? Hafez El Assad highway is more objectionable to me frankly!

 
At Thursday, May 19, 2005 2:11:00 PM, Blogger Mustapha said...

Naming The Airport as Rafic Hariri international airport is the best thing that happened in this country for a long time.

if you don't like it, tell these people

Mustapha
The Beirut Spring

 
At Thursday, May 19, 2005 10:14:00 PM, Blogger Eve said...

I don't see why people will ceaze to think of it as "Beirut International Airport", in case of naming it after it Rafic Hariri. Look at La Cité Sportive for example, do you hear anyone calling it: Madinat Kamil Sham'oun Al Riyadiya? it's just lmadineh lriyadieh. Naming it after Hariri is just paying tribute to the man who launched its rebuilding. Anyway, whether it's stupid or not, Marsden, I dont think it will change how your plane will land on May 26.

 
At Friday, May 20, 2005 12:03:00 AM, Blogger Maldoror said...

When my father will die,
I will name my couch after him!
LOL

 
At Friday, May 20, 2005 2:26:00 AM, Blogger Ramzi said...

Marsden here's an idea, don't come at all? I'm trying to spare you the gut-wrenching nausea...

 
At Friday, May 20, 2005 4:18:00 PM, Blogger Rampurple said...

marsden... u should check out how this discussion has evolved on the my blog....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home