14.5.05

...Off my chest

There's something I really need to get off my chest. The reason I haven't posted anything political in a while and completely doubt I will post anything political related to Lebanon is because.... well... I've reached a state where I've just had enough.

I think the whole "cedar revolution" was just crap. There was no revolution! Sure we kicked the Syrian military out and supposedly the Syrian intelligence as well but we left all the Lebanese trash just as they were.

What do I mean? Well, I thought one of the outcomes of the revolution was that we would replace the present political faces with some new and fresh faces. If not all at least some!!

I mean come on! It's obvious Aoun wants to run for presidency and sitrida geagea seems like she is planning a place for herself within the nowweb... apparently so is solange gemayel. Saadeddine Hariri has taken his dad's place and is apparent he will get majority of votes in beirut... you know sympathy for his dad and shit like that.

With all respect due to all these people, I simply think it's enough. Move over and let some new people try. I'm sure they won't do much better but I will feel a lot more secure even though those people might be really good at their jobs. I just believe that the people who we will learn about in history books should really just remain history.

Rampurple has officially resigned from politics.
Lebanon is a place which I will always cherish and love and hope to move there one day but until then, it is my party zone and that's it.

The Phoenix will rise from the ashes again.... just wait and see.

7 Comments:

At Saturday, May 14, 2005 8:47:00 PM, Blogger Ramzi said...

With all due respect, I don't see how you can resign from politics.

A person can resign from public office, from a political party post, even from political journalism, but you can't resign from politics. Here is why:

1- Politics is 'us', the people's will. Officials succeed or fail in representing us properly, but politics will forever be 'us'.

2- Politics permeate our lives and will continue to affect your life whether or not you choose to be active politically, so you only lose by being idle.

3- The oldest trick in the book of politicians is manipulating public interest and the trick being played today is to achieve precisely what you are feeling right now, apathy.

I understand your frustration, your disappointment. But to consider that Lebanon will just be your party zone until one day it just magically achieves your ideals is too "Disney".

 
At Saturday, May 14, 2005 10:08:00 PM, Blogger Charles Malik said...

I am completely depressed about the state of politics, like you.
But the Cedar Revolution was not a sham.
I think I will post on exactly why, here.

 
At Saturday, May 14, 2005 10:27:00 PM, Blogger Rampurple said...

ramzi i totally agree with u. i think i just went to the extremes. for the past few months i have been extremely indulged with politics that... yes it did take over my life. all i watch is politics, all i talk about is politics, afterall politics is us just like u said. i guess by resigning politics i just wont go to these extreme measures. i'm simply just not going to get myself in heated debates with people acting like i know it all, when it reality i really don't know shit. no the cedar revolution was not a sham.... yet our battle is not over... it's time we, the youth, take over.

 
At Sunday, May 15, 2005 6:13:00 PM, Blogger arch.memory said...

Rampurple, I think you express more than just your own sentiments when you describe your sense of frustration and disappointment. Unfortunately, it seems we are still incapable of shedding off such retrograde political notions as confessionalism and political inheritance. (But then again, just look at the Bushes and you have reason to despair on a much larger scale!)

 
At Monday, May 16, 2005 4:14:00 PM, Blogger emigre said...

Agreed. Politics belongs to idealists who frequently lose touch with reality.

You should argue with these people, because they are actually the ones who think they know it all when they know shit zilch. Seriously, the politik kids live in a bubble and their elders live in a cloudy musty land that has lost memory and sharpness.

But only argue with the idealists, because they are the imaginative and dangerous ones. Just like you, Ram.

 
At Wednesday, May 18, 2005 10:31:00 AM, Blogger Emmunah said...

Never give up...never, never, never!

The cedar revolution is/was real...but it was only the end of the beginning, not the end. Things do not change overnight? What revolution changed all the old guard overnight that didn't involve taken them all out and shooting them?

You have accomplished so much! You have done the unthinkable...the impossible...you really have. But having a good government is an ongoing struggle. It needs new leaders? Be those leaders. It needs new ideas? Come up with new ideas. Lebanese are not fatalists, but idealists, and I do not think you will ever give back the freedom you have tasted. I think you are feeling down now...and I will do all I can to lift you back up. I KNOW you can do it! I have no doubt! Look upward, reach for the mountain, and do not stop until you reach it. It may take 20 years, but that's compared to over 30 years of Syria? YOU ARE JUST BEGINNING, and so many people in the world are so proud of you, and stand with you in any way we can. You CAN do it, just keep going, one step at a time.

 
At Wednesday, May 18, 2005 3:38:00 PM, Blogger Rampurple said...

lol emigre! ur calling me dangerous?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home