20.11.05

Lebanese flag with red color replaced with orange :-(

in a comment to LP's post in this blog Delirious asked two interesting questions ...

  1. Someone told me today about a medical seminar that took place yesterday, at the end of which the speaker held out a Lebanese flag where the red color was replaced with orange. I sincerely think megalomania has limits, don't you agree?

  2. And can someone please explain to me what the heck do politics have to do with university elections for student representatives?


I will give my opinion on the above:
1 - for the Flag, I believe it is a disgrace to the flag no matter what, as the flag should remain above all political parties.

2 - as for the student elections, some might say that I am naive in saying this:
The elections in Universties are similar to elections in Nakabat (syndicates), political parties tend to be available in every aspect of elections, as from one side it prepares its youngsters to the parlimentary elections and to political life, and on another hand it shows the support of various parties in various aspects of, day to day life.

All elections are important, if you want to get your party running and grow, you must seek support from as much communities as you can, and that include students who one day will be old enough to take important roles in our future

3 Comments:

At Sunday, November 20, 2005 10:54:00 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Concerning the orange party, I couldn't but notice all these billboards advertising for it all over the city. I even went South today, and they were there as well. It was kind of an oxymoron (the free patriotic movement advertising for itself in the South :)). Anyway, the point is: I know media outlets are everything but neutral towards our parties, but what's with those billboards now! there is a clear bias towards one party at the expense of the others.

 
At Monday, November 21, 2005 12:27:00 PM, Blogger Maldoror said...

Thank you Khaled!
Yes, I believe that the Lebanese flag should be above all parties and everyone.
That would be all for now.

 
At Monday, November 21, 2005 12:29:00 PM, Blogger Maldoror said...

Thank you Khaled!
Yes, I believe that the Lebanese flag should be above all parties and everyone.
That would be all for now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home