18.7.06

Blaming Peace

It seems I am being criticized by many Bloggers, Lebanese and others because I am calling for peace. I was even asked by some to go live in Israel…
Let me tell you that I am here to stay and I want to live in a strong and definite country that will never be used again, by anyone in the world, to settle accounts or wage their wars.

Second I ask all those who hurled their attacks and insults: what do they want me to do?
What will make me fit their mold, what should my position be? Some asked me to show unity? What does this mean?
Should I cheer every time Hezbollah attacks Israel?
Should I laugh hysterically when Israel civilian dies?
What should I do?
Enlighten me?

I will tell you how I think and act: I never stood by passively and complained about what is happening!
No! I said and always will say that I abhor all civilian killing there is no excuse for that! None what so ever! Israeli killings, Hezbollah’s, American, Iraqi You name it!
And I understand that help is needed and I am doing what I can, And my heart bleeds when i see those awfull images! And I WANT NEVER AGAIN TO SEE THEM. But all this is only dealing with consequences, forgoing the real causes. And unfortunately this means that we will have to endure this cycle of death and destruction once more…

So I cannot accept to stand by and only blame Israel, because this will not end the killing. Of course Israel is to blame and no killing is acceptable! But so is Hezbollah! And if we do not accept this fact then we will never end the violence! In two or three years it will start all over again! I do not accept to endure all this destruction and death just so that in a couple of years it will start again! I will not accept it! Not for the sack of religion, Arabism or any other obsolete concept!
I believe in a strong, democratic and pluralistic and most importantly peaceful Lebanon. And this can only happen if we decide all together to forsake violence forever!

How can this happen?
Easy follow your lawful government! PM Siniora stated that the army should be sent to the south to control the border, and asked for an immediate cease fire. Hezbollah refused!!!!
We, you and me hold the solution, pressure Hezbollah, and make them understand that we will not accept any more violence. No more death! You are fighting the wrong battle, pressuring Israel never worked nor did fighting it! We should learn from the past! Death and destruction only lead to more death and destruction, 60 years of wars and tragedies proves that fact, and I was here in 93 and 96! And violence stopped at that time because Lebanon had an exceptional man who brokered a treaty! He is dead! So now we have to act ourselves! Pressure Hezbollah, peacefully and actively! So that our children will not have to go through all this again!
Israel is here to stay! Deal with it! Pressuring Hezbollah it is the only way. And do it now because every moment death hits here, there all around.

So if any of you has any other ideas to stop the killing I am all ears!

Call for peace, Believe in Peace, spread PEace! even in these difficult time. It is the only way out.

PEACE NOW

10 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 7:43:00 PM, Blogger callipyge said...

You're one of the few sane voices on this forum, ya Bob.

 
At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 7:47:00 PM, Blogger Katarzyna said...

Thank you Bob for being the voice of reason and hunamity.

It seems that during times of war we forget what makes us human, we turn into rabid animals looking for anyone to blame and excuses to murder and maim. We forget all the efforts towards 'advancement' and 'civilisation' our societies have made.

May more people think like you.

Peace now,
Kata

 
At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 8:05:00 PM, Blogger Jake Gittes said...

Tu veux la paix. Tu as raison. But there is no peace without justice.

Salut.

 
At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 8:15:00 PM, Blogger Lazarus said...

Should I cheer every time Hezbollah attacks Israel?

No.

Should I laugh hysterically when Israel civilian dies?

No.

 
At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 8:34:00 PM, Blogger Solomon2 said...

there is no peace without justice.

A Frenchman wrote that? Wild! How many of the paintings Napoleon stole should France give back to Italy? Should Italy declare war over them instead?

 
At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 8:38:00 PM, Blogger Delirious said...

Here's to other voices like yours, Bob~

 
At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 9:20:00 PM, Blogger Erick said...

This post is drenched in truth. Reading comments like yours gives me great hope in the future where the middle east can live together in peace, in prosperity.

Bob, you are a model Lebanese citizen.

 
At Friday, July 21, 2006 5:08:00 PM, Blogger Nightstudies said...

Thank you.

Unfortunately you seem to be the only sane person on this blog.

 
At Friday, July 21, 2006 5:13:00 PM, Blogger Nightstudies said...

But there is no peace without justice.

That's the excuse of terrorists and murderers. Who is supposed to verify that there's finally enough "justice" and we can have peace now?

We have to wait for Hezbollah to say, "ok there's justice now?" Because we all know that they'll never say that. Should we wait for Hamas to say "Ok, now the war is over" because Sheik Yassin said that the war will never end until "the black flag of Islam flies over the whole universe" and yes, like some comic book villian he said universe. If we find life on Mars, Hamas will send a rocket with a suicide bomber to greet it.

Jake, you're a fascist.

 
At Tuesday, May 31, 2016 5:13:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

zhengjx20160531
nfl jerseys
mont blanc pen
michael kors outlet
rolex watches
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton outlet online
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
lebron james shoes 13
louis vuitton handbags
nike trainers sale
true religion jeans
michael kors handbags
air max 95
cheap jerseys
fitflop shoes
coach outlet
louis vuitton purses
oakley sunglasses wholesale
ray ban outlet
louis vuitton
oakley vault
michael kors outlet online sale
michael kors
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors outlet
adidas wings
celine handbags
ray ban outlet
louis vuitton purses
hollister clothing store
kate spade handbags
asics running shoes
true religion outlet store
louis vuitton outlet
hollister clearance
michael kors outlet
nike air huarache
louis vuitton handbags
true religion outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home