27.7.06

Breathing Corpse

(A Poem-a-Day, part of:
A Song (re)Cycle: Of Rage & Defiance; Of Grief; and Of Hope.
Part 1: Of Rage & Defiance)

Spare me your wars
Your naked assent
Spare me your frigid springs
Your empty highways
And irises glazed;
I have pains
To last a generation
And I have sorrows galore.

Spare me your whines
Your miseries and cheap tragedies
Spare me your hearts
Your tears and packaged lies
Spare me your children
Stuffed with apathy
Spare me your horrors
Off the clearance shelf.

Spare me my life
Tainted with yours
Spare me a shred of sanity
A word, a tear…
For my eyes have dried
And my rage is boiling over.

Spare me a soul
An honest apology
A life filled with regret
For I bring back to your doorsteps
My dreams refunded
My fury stifled
And tantamount.

Spare me a shovel
A helping hand
Spare me the last dignity
Of burying
My breathing corpse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home