25.11.05

Beirut European Film Festival

The European Film Festival officially began last night with an invitation only screening at the UNESCO Palace.

Tonight begins the public opening of the event that will last until next Sunday night. The festival is occurring at the Empire Cinema SOFIL.

I thoroughly love this event. Last year, it was during the festival that I saw the best films out last year. I saw many films that had only been viewed in festivals and had not been widely released. These films included the universally praised German-Turkish film "Gegen die Wand" (Head-On).

I will be seeing one film a day for the next ten days. I'm very excited.

If you're interested in attending, buy your tickets NOW!!! Some shows are already sold out.

4 Comments:

At Friday, November 25, 2005 9:54:00 PM, Blogger Rampurple said...

can u write a review about each film u watch?

 
At Saturday, November 26, 2005 7:08:00 AM, Blogger crallspace said...

If I were nearby, I would consider this. I'd like to see what Lebanese filmmakers are made of.

Foreign films are great, for the most part... American film is good, but you have to sort through the crap.

 
At Saturday, November 26, 2005 8:42:00 AM, Blogger Delirious said...

Yeah, I was there
. Couldn't make head or tail of the film's ending though. Too bad, because the film deals with interesting issues (once you concentrate hard enough and understand the actors' weird English accent).

 
At Sunday, November 27, 2005 2:44:00 AM, Blogger Charles Malik said...

I've seen two already.

Simon, which is fantastic, and Bolondek Eneke which is not.

I'll write some reviews tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home