20.11.05

Connecting the Dots

It has been a while since I've posted about Lebanon - other events made the political haggling seem trivial - with only one exception. To call up an old cliché, Lebanon's "political winds have not stopped blowing", and days after Bashar's infamous speech, it is interesting to note the continual divergence and convergence of the paths people are willing to take.

In a few days, Lebanon will have its Independence Day - our independence from the French (which I just had a barbeque for). In April, people will celebrate another independence - from the Syrians - and in May some already celebrate independence from Israel.

(Cont ...)

1 Comments:

At Monday, November 21, 2005 7:43:00 AM, Blogger crallspace said...

A lot of international news gets blurred between the lines. Of course I don't have much capacity left, being burnt out and completely sickened by the way the USA (my home) is run. I know that Lebanon has had some troubles lately, from listening to the BBC, but I couldn't say what.

What is the view of Americans in Lebanon? Do you guys hate Bush as much as we do?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home