28.5.05

About the Meeting

To start with, we were six in all: Delirious, Ahmad, Tempest, Bob, Maldoror and me. Luckily, when I arrived, I spotted Ahmad with his one-of-a-kind laptop, so it was no trouble to find each other. Then Delirious showed up along with Maldoror, followed by Bob and finally Tempest. Blogging was, of course, the main topic at first: how did each of us discover about this phenomenon, start his own blog and interact with other fellow bloggers. We talked about recent posts that we liked and didn't like, about other interesting and not-so-interesting bloggers, and about each blogger's personal background.

It turned out I went to the same school as Bob, although his face wasn't familiar. I also had something in common with Delirious and Maldoror (we were in the same college). Ahmad is your guy if you're encountering any technical problem with your computer (sorry Ahmad, but expect to receive tons of questions). As for Tempest, I discovered his passion for photography… besides that he smokes a lot :)! Yes, we took some pictures, but you'll have to wait until Tempest goes back to Germany and posts them!

Since talking about it runs in our blood, we took a turn later and tackled politics and the upcoming elections. Anti-confessionalism, the unique structure of the Lebanese society and the existence of God were also among the topics we discussed. In short, it was a very interesting meeting that lasted for three hours and a half. Later, it started to get really cold, so we had to make our separate ways.

This is what happened from my point of view. I don’t know what the others will write about it. In any case, I hope everyone else will make it to future meetings.

9 Comments:

At Saturday, May 28, 2005 1:13:00 PM, Blogger D. B. Light said...

Hi guys, It's nice to have some faces to look at rather than just words -- but which name goes with which face?

 
At Saturday, May 28, 2005 1:46:00 PM, Blogger lifeflaw said...

Thanks Eve, I couldn't tell it in better words. I should consider blogging your blog post and put it in my blog. LOL

I was thinking, maybe if the weather didn't get cold, we would have stayed till the next morning. Then, we would have had the chance to convince each other and get a unified point of view about all the topics. :)

 
At Saturday, May 28, 2005 1:52:00 PM, Blogger Eve said...

d.b.light,
how about trying to guess? :-)

Ahmad,
convincing each other? what for? I like it better this way :-)

 
At Saturday, May 28, 2005 4:52:00 PM, Blogger Delirious said...

Great report Eve! But you know about what I'm thinking? Poor Maldoror's post! His predictions came true...It was pushed way down below by the posts concerning Friday's meetup and didn't get enough attention... Haram! ;)

 
At Saturday, May 28, 2005 5:59:00 PM, Blogger Maldoror said...

Hi all,
D.B light, guessing would be appropriate like Eve said! By the way, I am not the one wearing red!

Ahmad, Eve is right! This is Lebanon and human beings, u just have to enjoy with moderation!!

Delirious,
My comments and new post are taking care of this minor problem!

Bob,
Where are u?? Still sleeping?!

 
At Saturday, May 28, 2005 6:32:00 PM, Blogger lifeflaw said...

yes Eve and maldoror, I totally agree with you. Actually I very much enjoyed the diversity and the richness of backgrounds. :)

 
At Saturday, May 28, 2005 7:50:00 PM, Blogger Delirious said...

I've posted my version on my blog! :)

 
At Saturday, May 28, 2005 8:01:00 PM, Blogger Charles Malik said...

How many of you knew each other before joining up?
I ask this because a lot of you double up between your own sites and the Forum.

 
At Saturday, May 28, 2005 9:57:00 PM, Blogger Maldoror said...

lebanon.profile,
You would have to guess!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home