23.5.05

Explain That!

Fast forward a decade or two into the future.
I am sitting on the couch reading the paper.
My son walks up and starts off a conversation like this:

"Dad, we dicussed Lebanon's recent history in class today..."
"Great, anything you want to ask me son?"
"Well, I think you were lucky back then. You had a great president like Emile Lahoud."
"Err... come again?"
"Yeah I mean, when he was president Lebanon kicked out the Israelis, right?"
"Yes but -"
"- and the Syrians left?"
"But you see -"
"- and the Lebanese all rallied together? And they dismantled the security apparatus that was running the country?"
"You don't understand -"
"- and the world helped Lebanon kick off it's economy right? And democracy was firmly planted and protected! I wish we can have a president like that again..."
"Son, nobody wanted that man in power, he did not do any of these things!"
"Yeah, right! You guys probably hate him just 'cause he wanted to change your corrupt society and you didn't want that! Hmph!"

Explain that!

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 25, 2005 8:30:00 PM, Blogger lifeflaw said...

He who owns the media, makes the facts. He who writes the books makes the history...

Let's hope that the books will be written in an "honest way" (if such a thing exist).

 
At Thursday, May 26, 2005 8:28:00 AM, Blogger Emmunah said...

I agree with Ahmad, but I'm MUCH more confident that all Fathers will tell their sons and daughters what really happened. In fact, when can I read the fist book on th subject? Which one of you will be the first to publish it? That's the real question...will you wait for someone else to tell the story, or will YOU do the writing to make SURE it is told the right way? Believe me, you are such hero's, you would have NO PROBLEM getting a publisher. So, where are the diaries and all the photos? Collect essays, lots of them, because then each person's story adds more credibility to the event and the pictures will speak a thousand words. I know that I will never get them out of my mind...I will always remember the face paint, the fire-side music sessions and honestly the best organized revolution I've even seen. Ahmad, write the book, and own the media. You have the power now, seize it before it fades.

 
At Thursday, May 26, 2005 8:28:00 AM, Blogger Emmunah said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Friday, May 27, 2005 12:46:00 PM, Blogger Maldoror said...

Emmunah,
Just add two words and a title to that looooooong comment of urs and ur book is ready! :)

 
At Tuesday, January 26, 2021 1:23:00 PM, Blogger yanmaneee said...

golden goose
jordan shoes
lebron 18
golden goose sneakers
yeezy boost
curry shoes
kobe shoes
off white
jordan shoes
kobe byrant shoes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home